Waiting List and Deposit Policies:
I require a $500 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit to be placed on my waiting list. This deposit will be deducted from the full purchase price of $2500, which includes limited AKC registration. Payments can be made by check, cash, PayPal (fees are not covered by Hurricane Cavaliers, you must click ‘send money to friends and family’ to avoid fee), or Zelle to email@example.com or Venmo to 602-740-5484. Clients are placed on the waiting list in the order of the date and time deposits are received (not the date you mail them). Puppies will be offered in the same chronological order as received deposits according to the sex and color preferences chosen. Clients should have some idea of what they desire in a puppy prior to placing a deposit i.e. color, sex and a second choice. However, this is not required in order to be placed on our waiting list. You can request a certain litter but it is in no way guaranteed.
Before placing a deposit with us, please be certain that you are willing to wait for your special puppy. We do our best to fulfill the requests of our clients, but, genetics being what they are, we cannot predict how many pups will be produced or the sex and (sometimes) color that will result from any breeding or if the breeding will be successful and produce puppies at all.
Waiting List Factors:
We receive numerous inquiries on the size of our waiting list, or the approximate time it may take for a client to receive a puppy from us. The size of the list is not always a factor in the selection process. Clients may pass on a puppy that is exactly what another client desires. Because of this, we cannot predict when a puppy will be available.
The reasons that people pass on a puppy are endless. Some of them are: ‘We are not ready for a puppy at this time’, ‘We are moving’, ‘We like the puppy, but it’s not exactly what we are looking for’, ‘Not the right sex’, ‘We just found out we are pregnant’, ‘We haven’t had time to put up a fence’, ‘An illness prevents us from taking a puppy right now’, ‘We’ve had a job change’, ‘Our current dog has become ill’, ‘We will be traveling when the puppy is ready to go home’.
Sometimes we will have puppies available to the public while still having many people on the waiting list also.
Once we have bred for an upcoming litter or litters, I will list them in the Puppy Pen on my website with an approximate due date and color possibilities. We usually do not know if a dog is pregnant until the 4 to 5 week mark. A dog is pregnant for 58 to 65 days and we are never completely sure of the day the female ovulated and conceived so due dates are not always an exact science. Once a litter is born I will announce it in the Puppy Pen, usually within 24 hours, and list the colors and sexes that were born. Sometimes it takes me a day or two to get a quick group photo of Mom and babies and I don’t post individual photos until they are 1 to 2 week of age. Pups are delicate and Mom’s are protective and anxious before that time. After that we do weekly photo updates and post them on our website in the Puppy Pen up until the puppies are 6 weeks of age.
We do not allow visits until the pups are at least 4 weeks old and we prefer that no more than one visit per 2 weeks are made. We can text or email quick videos and give you email and phone updates as to their progress, health and personalities.
Placement and Picking Procedures:
Once a litter is born I will notify my deposit holders with preferences that match that litter to see if you would like to put a hold on a puppy or, if there is more than one of a sex and color, a pick (1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on) of that litter. This is the initial choice you must make and it is usually during the first week they are born. You must choose a single sex and color from a single litter. Once you place your deposit on a litter you come off the waiting list. You can change your mind and go back on the waiting list without loosing your spot up until the pups are 2 weeks old.
At any time you can change your mind and be placed back on the waiting list, keeping in mind if another litter has been born in the meantime and a deposit holder of your same sex/color preference chose a pup from that litter you will be bumped down the litter after them. Deposits may be transferred to another litter as many times as needed until you find the right puppy for your family. Should you choose to transfer your deposit you may or may not receive the same picking order as before. Transfers are placed at the highest available spot behind anyone who already has a deposit placed. If you decide to transfer your deposit you will want to notify me as soon as possible to secure a good picking position. You cannot maintain a spot on the waiting list once you have chosen a litter to pick a puppy from or a specific puppy from a litter. A deposit equals one spot on the waiting list or the reservation of a pick of a litter or a specific puppy.
Deposit holders are to make their final puppy choice between 4 and no later than 6 weeks of age. Failure to decide or choose a puppy within the 6 week time frame given will result in forfeit of your pick spot and I will notify the next person on the waiting list to make their choice and so on. Puppies come with AKC limited registration (PET ONLY) unless Full AKC Registration is otherwise arranged with me (very rare).
It is your responsibility to notify me of any changes to phone numbers, emails or puppy preferences.
Final Pick Up Policies:
We start potty training at 4 & 1⁄2 to 5 weeks using a special whelping and weaning pen, they are paper and doggy door trained by the time they are 8 weeks. The Mom’s start naturally weaning them between 5 and 6 weeks and they are usually totally weaned by 6 & 1⁄2 to 7 weeks. When you pick them up around 8 weeks they are on hard food. 8 weeks to the day is the earliest possible day the puppy will be able to leave our care and the pick up of your puppy should be no later than the weekend after your puppy turns 8 weeks old. If the puppy was born on the weekend you have up to 3 days to pick up the puppy after the 8 week mark. If you need us to keep your puppy longer than 8 weeks, arrangements need to be made in advance. We offer accelerated training program for puppies 8 weeks and older for $50 per day. This will also include any shots needed during their board and train stay. This option is not always available so you are encouraged to book as early as possible. Puppies will be potty and crate trained learning how to sleep extended periods of time through the night and adjust to being away from the litter and being more people oriented vs puppy and dog oriented. They will also learn basic commands such as sit, stay, come and how to walk on a leash and wear a harness/collar.
Should we feel a puppy is not ready to leave at 8 weeks, and they will stay in our care until we feel they are ready. Should we change the release date, no boarding fee will be charged for that period of time. Final payment for your puppy needs to be made between 6 and 8 weeks of age regardless of the pick up/delivery date and any boarding/training also needs to be paid in advance.
Taking possession/delivery of your new puppy is the sole responsibility of the person purchasing the puppy. As a courtesy we will help arrange delivery (in the case of an out of state purchase) and such but are in no way responsible for what happens to the puppy after it leaves our property. If a puppy is hand delivered via air or vehicle the puppy must be paid for in full before it can leave our property.
If you are coming to pick up your puppy in person you should bring a small crate and towel for the journey home. We will provide a bag of food and samples of supplements along with your binder of paperwork.
The date after the sex and color they are waiting for is the date they put down the deposit, then additional preferences after that.
- LARCY M B&T, TRI or ANY from Eliza litter 9-18-18am ON HOLD
- CATHERINE Male or Female Any 2-28-19
- CELESTE Male Any Color 5-5-19 December take home date ON HOLD
- JOANNA & JERRY Male or Female Any 6-12-18 take home date Sept 2020
- LISA Female Tri or Blenheim 9-10-19 Take home spring 2020 Take home date after June 2020
- SHAWN & LAURA Male Blenheim 9-23-19 Take home date Nov +
- DANIELLE Female Ruby 10-30-19 Take home date Winter 2020 or Spring 2021
- KATHY Male or Female Tri, Blenheim or Any 12-3-19
- JUDY Female Tri or Blenheim 12-23-19 ON HOLD
- LORI Female Black and Tan or Tri 12-24-19
- DEANNA Female Blenheim or Tri 1-9-20 Or ANY SEX OR COLOR added 3-22-20
- BRIAN & JENNIFER Male or Female Tri 1-16-20 (or blenheim added 1-25-20) Take home date late Aug 2021
- LAUREE Female Blenheim or Ruby 1-20-20
- GORDON Female Tri, Ruby, B&T or Any 1-22-20
- MELANIE & CHRISTIAAN Female Any (blenheim preferred) 2-1-20
- LAURA Female Blenheim or Tri 2-3-20
- ASHLEY Male or Female Black & Tan 2-16-20
- SHERI & SHANE Male Tri or Black & Tan 2-17-20 ON HOLD
- NANCY Male Blenheim or Tri 2-20-20
- VALERIE Male or Female Ruby or Black & Tan 3-1-20 Take home date anytime beginning Sept 2020
- VALERIE Female Any 3-1-20 Take home date anytime beginning Sept 2020
- HALEY & DAVID Female Blenheim 3-2-20
- ALEXIS Male or Female B&T or Ruby 3-6-20
- OLIVIA Male Ruby 3-19-20
- PENNY Female Blenheim 3-24-20
- JIM & ANNE Female Tri or Blenheim 3-26-20AM Added Any sex or color 4-7-20
- THERESA Male or Female Any (prefers Blenheim) 3-26-20PM
- KATHY Male Tri, Blenheim or Any 4-6-20
- JESS & ROB Male B&T or Ruby 4-15-20
- LINDY Male Tri or Blenheim 4-16-20pm Added Female 4-21-20
- MEG & JEFF Male or Female B&T 4-16-20
- MATTHEW & JAIME Male or Female Blenheim or Tri4-17-20
- JERRY Female Ruby or Black and Tan 4-20-20
- PEGGY Male or Female Tri or Blenheim 4-21-20
- PEGGY Male or Female Tri or Blenheim 4-21-20
- BRONTE Male Black & Tan, Tri or Blenheim 4-24-20
- MARK & BARBARA Male or Female Blenheim or Tri 4-26-20
- BEETLE Female Blenheim or Tri 4-29-20
- RANDELL & LINDY Male or Female Blenheim or Tri 5-2-20
- STACEY Female or Male Blenheim 5-3-20
- DAN & LORI Female Any color 5-4-20
- STEPHANIE Male or Female B&T, Ruby or Tri 5-6-20
- LAURA Any Sex or Color 5-9-20
- SHAWN Female Black & Tan 5-13-20
- LISA Male Blenheim or Ruby 5-15-20
- CAROLE Female Blenheim or Tri 5-18-20
- DON Male Blenheim 5-22-20
- REBECCA Female Blenheim or Tri 5-27-20AM
- HEATHER Female or Male Blenheim or Tri 5-27-20PM
- JEAN Male or Female Blenheim or Ruby 5-28-20AM
- LISA Female Tri or Blenheim 5-28-20
- SUSAN & MARK Female Blenheim or Tri 6-1-20AM
- MIKE & LINDA Male or Female Blenheim or Tri 6-1-20PM
- JEN & SHANE Male or Female Blenheim 6-5-20
- MELANIE Male or Female Blenheim or Tri 6-6-20
- DONNA Male or Female Tri or Black & Tan 6-7-20
- LISA Male or Female Ruby or Blenheim 6-9-20
- HOLLY Female Blenheim 6-14-20
- JENNIFER & JIM Male Tri 6-20-20
- PATRICK & JOYCE Male or Female Any 6-21-20
- CHARLENE Male Tri 6-27-20
- KEELY Female Tri 6-30-20AM
- JOSH & LUCY Male or Female Blenheim 6-30-20PM
- DIANE Female Blenheim 7-3-20
- MICHAEL & JENNIFER Female Blenheim or Ruby 7-6-20
- EDMEE Female Tri 7-7-20
- TIA Male or Female Any 7-10-20
Clarity/Charlie – Due 7-16-20 (Blenheims & Tris)
Tilly/Elliot – Due 7-17-20 (Blenheims & Tris) We plan on keeping a puppy from this litter
Eliza/Hennessy – Due 7-23-20 (All 4 colors)
Dora/Elliot – Due 7-27-20 (Blenheims and Tris)
Jensy/Hooligan – Due 8-9-20 (Black & Tans and Rubies)
Tula/Elliot – Due 9-7-20 (Blenheim & Tris)
Planning on breeding (puppies will be ready to go approximately 4 months from date listed).Heat dates are approximate and can be off as much as 2 months sometimes:
Itzel (Ruby) – Jan 2020
Nicolina (Black & Tan) – May 2020
Tula (Blenheim) – June 2020
Sunday (Blenheim) – June 2020
Myrtle (Blenheim) – July 25
Tegan (Blenheim) – Aug 2020
Hattie (Blenheim) – Nov 2020